This article explains the installation/upgradation of the blackberry Smartphones.
1. Connect the device and take the complete backup of the BB device using the Blackberry Desktop Manager and check the backup data for entries of contacts, messages, etc.
2. Disconnect the Device.
3. Download the Blackberry device OS from Blackberry website for the appropriate model and also chose the appropriate provider (exe file).
4. Run downloaded exe file and it gets extract the files in the location (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files) by default.
For example: it creates the folder 8300-v220.127.116.11_P18.104.22.168 for the device 8300 BB device.
5. Select the application loader option in Blackberry Desktop manager and choose the update software | click start.
6. Connect the device and it should detect and the device model will be shown in the drop down menu.
7. Its check the device and gives the list of application and language setting before starting the installation, leave the default value and choose next.
8. Process takes around 30-60 minutes to complete. During the course of installation, it also takes the backup and restore after the OS upgrade.
9. At the end of the successful installation and unplug the device and check for the latest version and data.
Make sure Blackberry device battery level and also computer power are good before starting the installation.