This article explains the post check steps that need to be carried after installation of internal exchange server for sending and receiving emails from internet. In other words, we are actually making the exchange server into the production world.
After the installation of all mandatory roles of exchange servers and if edge exist then after the synchronization of the edge server with the Hub transport server role, and of course after checking the internal mail flow, we need to perform the below steps to be carried out in the organizational level to make the external mail flow.
1. License Key feed.
2. Accepted Domain setting.
3. Configure Email address policy.
4. Configure a Send Connector to send email to the Internet.
5. In case if Edge server name is not used, then configure the hub transport to accept anonymous SMTP. By default, this option is not set.
6. Configure external certificate for the CAS server for public access.
7. Configure the CAS server according to your organization. The options like Outlook anywhere, Exchange Active sync, Outlook Web access - OWA (2010 called as Outlook Web app)
971552596187 | firstname.lastname@example.org