This article explains how to add multiple domain to exchange hosting. Exchange server can be used for hosting the email account for different domains irrespective of the current domain.
For example, suppose i have implemented exchange server for domain called domain.com and user account will be firstname.lastname@example.org. After multiple domains for exchange hosting enables to have the virtual domain email accounts such as email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.
1. Create a OU called domain1.com.
2. Create a group with the scope as Universal and type as Distribution, name it as domain1-all. Also, create an exchange email address with the same name as that of the group name(By default will have the same name).
3. Edit the domain1-all group property - edit the default smtp address from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Create new recipient policy - name the policy as domain1.com, create new SMTP address as @domain1.com and make it as primary , leave @domain1.com as secondary.
5. Create the filter rules for domain1.com policy as below in the advanced LDAP query
The analogy behind the above LDAP query is to query the object stored inside the domain1.com OU.
6. Create the GAL(Global address list) for this domain. Name the new GAL as domain1.com and in the filter rule option use advanded menu to find the Email address ends with @domain1.com option.
7. Open the ADSIEdit.msc, Choose Domain-->DC=domain,DC=com-->OU=domain1.com-->right click property-->In attribute editor section, edit uPNSuffixes to domain1.com.
8. Try to create new user, check the drop down box near the logon name button will have @domain.com and @domain1.com in the drop down list.
So we conclued that in the domain.com email server, domain1.com email domain is hosted successfully.